Polaris is smooth and velvety to the touch, with a unique edge detail that is unlike anything on the market. Available in matt black and matt white.
Unique Edge Detail: European birch finished with a innovative solid 1mm through-colour matt laminate perfect for cafes, homes, schools and any commercial space.
Oversized Sheet: Comes as a 3m length, ideal for benchtops and other applications — providing a clean finish and more possibilities.
Food Safety: The structure of Polaris with its high degree of cross-linking makes its surface compact and non-porous. This characteristic doesn’t allow bacterial, fungal and / or micro-organisms colonies to penetrate and proliferate. The antibacterial properties are therefore intrinsic to the product, with no need for further antimicrobial additives. Any fluids containing bacterial colonies or microorganisms, applied to the surface, tend to dry out quickly, causing the death of the strains, due to lack of sufficient nourishment.
Verification tests according to ISO 22196 / JIS Z 2801 conducted by an accredited laboratory to measure the antibacterial performance, demonstrate that the bacterial load is reduced by 99.9% after 24 hours.
ABS Edging Available
More Key Features
- Smooth and velvety to the touch
- Scratch and abrasion resistant
- Resistant to dry heat
- Thermal healing properties
- Low-light reflectivity
- Enhanced anti-bacterial properties
18mm 3000 x 1250mm, 24mm 3000 x 1250mm
Scope of use
- Kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, benchtops
- School, office and shop fittings
Limitations on use
- The surface of Polaris must never be treated with products containing abrasive substances, abrasive sponges, sandpaper or steel wool
- Products with very high acid or alkaline content should be avoided as they can stain the surface
- Avoid furniture polishes and wax based cleaners as they form a sticky layer to which dirt adheres
- Environment Protection Standard: ISO 14001:2005
- Quality Management Standard: ISO 9001:2009
- ULEF: No harmful emissions
- FSC Certified
- PEFC Certified